School Dress Code
All students MUST wear the school dress code everyday. A student who is not dressed in the proper attire will be asked to change into school-loaned clothes and the family will be notified.
- Solid color khaki-style pants, skirt, or jumpers
- Solid color shirt or polo
- Solid color sweater
- Hoodies are not allowed unless it is a Discovery hoodie
Discovery Charter School is subsidizing school-approved hoodies that contain the school logo as part of the uniform. This is the only school hoodies allowed in school. Parents' cost for the hoodie is $5.00. Payment for the hoodie is due on the first day of school.
The fine print:
- Hoodies are not allowed except for hoodies that have been approved as part of the school uniform. Students arriving with a non-approved school hoodie will be told to remove the same and it will be collected by the school for return at the end of the school day.
- No sweatpants, knit pants, capri pants, cargo pants, jeans and no zippers or pockets on leg. Sweatpants, sweatshirts, jeans and shirts with stripes or logos are not acceptable uniform attire. However, joggers may be worn on gym/dance days.
- Skirt needs to be knee-lenght.
- Pants must be worn and belted at the natural waist and made of standard uniform material such as cotton.
- Shirts must be solid color and have a collar. All shirts must be tucked in.
- Undergarments must not be visible.
- Handbags and purses must be no larger than 8 by 11 inches (the size of a regular size sheet of paper and no larger than three inches thick).
- All shoes must enclose the heel and be fastened or tied properly (No sandals, flip flops, high heels).
- No hats, caps, or sunglasses, or hoods may be worn in the building.
- No coats or jackets may be worn in the building.
- No hoop earrings larger than ½ inch circumference.
- No metal of bright/shiny objects either worn as jewelry or as part of clothing are allowed to be worn.