Why choose Discovery?
Discovery is a small community where every teacher knows every child and they forge deep relationships over the five years that children spend at the school. Currently we have 12 educators, including 2 teaching-artists working with 100 children.
Families are welcomed at the school anytime, and without appointments.
Our students have responsibilities in the school; from the kitchen to the theater backstage, students participate in serving their community.
"The creators have changed the game for finding ways to effectively teach their 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders how to coexist effectively with each other and learn from each other. If this doesn't teach maturity, I don't know what will! Discovery has most definitely given a new perspective on teaching by letting younger grades and older grades intermingle and learn together." A Discovery student.
"The principal, teachers, and administrative staff go above and beyond to make sure they do all they can do to help their students reach great academic success. They show an abundance of care, concern, and tough love; which my son greatly appreciates. I'm so glad he is here at Discovery." A Discovery parent.
A Discovery Student.
Where do our students go after graduating?
In June 2021, our 24 graduates went on to the following high schools:
- Bard High School Early College, Newark, NJ
- Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, NH
- Donald Payne Technical High School, Newark, NJ
- Fashion and Design High School, Newark, NJ
- Girard College, Philadelphia, PA
- Great Oaks Charter High School, Newark, NJ
- Hopatcong High School, Hopatcong, NJ
- Kent School, Kent, CT
- The Lawrenceville School, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Marion P. Thomas Charter School, Newark, NJ
- St. Benedict's Preparatory, Newark, NJ
- Science Park High School, Newark, NJ
- The Taft School, Watertown, CT
- The Thacher School, Ojai, CA
- Torchlight Educational Academy, Orange, NJ
- University High School, Newark, NJ
What other people say about Discovery