Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are monitoring the alerts from the CDC about the possibility of the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the United States and we follow the current guidelines posted by the New Jersey Department of Education and the New Jersey Department of Health.
We are told that for now the risk is low, but we would like to remind you of the following precautions to prevent the flu and other viruses:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Wash hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing or sneezing.
- Keep your children home when they are sick, especially with a fever.
- Children should not return to school unless they have been fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
- Avoid people who are sick
- Get a flu shot – it’s not too late to be protected
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces and objects.
We are enhancing daily cleaning and sanitizing at the school and we are working on a plan to provide instruction to our students in the extreme case that we would have to close the school.
We will keep you updated if we receive further updates from the Health Department.
Discovery Charter School